Friday, June 24, 2011

Hot Pink & Zebra Stripe Party

I planned this entire party around one bolt of zebra fabric that I bought on a whim from a clearance fabric table.  Hot pink & zebra - what's not to love?

This party was for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday party.  I filled the space with lots of tissue paper pom poms and lanterns in hot pink or white.



I then created two large pom poms to be used as the centerpiece on top of a bunched piece of the zebra print fabric.  This gave the party a fun, flirty atmosphere.


The guests were to arrive during evening hours so we planned a menu of classy, but substantial appetizers.

The menu included:
  • Smoked Salmon with a (purchased) Dill and Dijon sauce
  • Homemade meatballs
  • Spinach and Ham/Cheese quiche
  • Ham Rolls
  • Cheese Slaw
  • Cream Cheese & Red Pepper Jelly dip
  • Bloody Mary Shrimp Cocktail
  • Caprese Salad
It was an easy menu to prepare with a lot of work to be done in advance.  If you are interested in any of the recipes used for the party menu, leave a comment and I will accommodate requests.







We set up small side tables around the house draped in black fabric with vases of pink water crystals and pink Gerber daisies tied with zebra print ribbon.  The candles are battery operated due to little hands running around the house! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a nice party! I am sure that your mother-in-law really enjoyed it! I like how you used different heights on the food table, and the menu looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete