Thursday, June 23, 2011

Drumming up some fun

Recently I was tasked with being in charge of the Toddler Class for VBS.  Finding enough activities to keep them entertained proved difficult but I did find a few gems along the way.

I came across a great link at the Family Fun website for making drums (& drum sticks).  It received 3 out of 5 stars but I decided to try out at least one with my daughter seeing as she is in the target group. 

It was an instant success!  She drummed her way around the house the rest of the evening.  The drum makes a pretty good sound and the drumsticks are a neat addition.  They used colored wrapping paper but we turned the wrapping paper around and used the white side so K could decorate the drum herself.





The finished product with K's artistic flair

Try this project out with the little one in your life and see what kind of fun you can drum up.

No comments:

Post a Comment