Monday, June 27, 2011

Classic Pooh Baby Shower

You can find inspiration almost anywhere.  My inspiration for this baby shower came from a quote that I saw on a card - "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie-the-Pooh.  I filed that little nugget away in the "Let's use that at some point for a party" part of my brain.  And when my friend found out she was pregnant I knew I had my shot.

It was a simple baby shower - but aren't those the best kind?  Since she was having a boy, I knew the colors of my living room would already serve as an appropriate background.  I purchased a set of Classic Pooh characters from eBay and set off making the centerpieces with inexpensive baskets and silk flowers.  I also purchased a couple of bee hive shaped honey jars from a discount store and placed those around.  I wanted the shower to have masculine colors but with a feminine touch for the mommy.

The party favors were labeled with a tag that read "The _______________ household is growing by two feet" and had a picture of little baby feet on it.





  



No comments:

Post a Comment