Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bloody Mary Shrimp Cocktail

All I can say is yum!  This item is in heavy rotation at the parties that I throw.

First of all, who doesn't love shrimp cocktail?  Second of all, who can resist a single serve appetizer in an adorable mini martini glass?

They look great as the focal point of any appetizer station and they are a cinch to throw together.



First things first - the recipe. The original inspiration from this came from a Betty Crocker recipe.  I have modified mine slightly - I leave out the vodka and replace it with additional tomato juice & hot pepper sauce, go heavy handed on the parsley & olives and throw in a splash of the olive juice.  I also like to sometimes replace the tomato with V-8 or Clamato juice (both of which are tasty substitutions).

I garnish each individual serving with celery and a toothpick with three green olives on it.

They are adorable, delicious, self serving and easy to hold.  Serve up some at your next soiree.


2 comments:

  1. These are ADORABLE!!! Thanks for posting them and also for sharing the "virgin" version. I signed up to get your posts via email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am just starting out and I am so grateful for every fan! :)

    ReplyDelete