Friday, May 4, 2012

DIY Foaming Soap Dispenser Refill

Have you ever heard a DIY housekeeping tip and you thought, "how on earth have I missed this one?"  Well that's how I felt when I learned about the DIY Foaming Soap Dispenser refill.

I love the foaming soap.  My 3 year old eagerly washes her hands because she likes the foam and my husband thinks it works better because it foams.  The foaming soap is a little more pricey than regular soap though and aren't we all trying to save where we can?

Enter a pin I found on my beloved Pinterest.  I immediately tried it out and let me tell you it has changed the way our house will use soap from now on.  Seriously.



This is all that you need:

An empty foaming soap dispenser (it won't work in any other kind)



3 Tbsp of your favorite dish detergent (we happen to be using Gain at the moment)


And 2/3 cup of hot water

Stir the dish soap and the hot water together.  Don't shake it - you don't want a bunch of soap suds.  It mixes together easily when the water is hot.


Once the mixture has combined together well, just pour it into your foaming soap dispenser.

See - it works just as well as the store bought version.


This made my frugal heart skip a little beat last night.  My husband was pretty excited too - he loves a good money saving tip.






No comments:

Post a Comment