Monday, May 7, 2012

Best Cream Cheese Frosting Ever

I love cream cheese frosting.  I mean really L-O-V-E it.  It just makes everything better.  And this is my go to recipe for cream cheese.  I think it is the perfect balance of sweet and a little tangy.

Recipe photo
Photo Credit: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/
I don't go for the store bought cream cheese in a tub when I can help it.  And once you make this frosting - you will know why.

The recipe originally came from King Arthur Flour.  They have tons of great recipes on their site - you should really check them out.  But I digress.

On to the recipe.  This recipe makes 3 cups of frosting.  I doubled it when I made it so you will notice twice as much butter and cream cheese in my pictures.



  • 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2-4 tablespoons milk, to make frosting spreadable
Cream your butter, cream cheese and vanilla together until fluffy





Slowly add in the confectioners' sugar until it is all combined (and they definitely mean slowly unless you want to clean a cloud of powdered sugar off everything you own)


You can add milk into it if you want it thinner but I prefer it just like it is.

I am only a little ashamed to say that as soon as the mixer came out of the bowl, I was looking around my kitchen for something to spread the frosting on.  I quickly settled on fresh brownies.  And after I spread it on those brownies, I wasn't the least bit ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment