Monday, April 16, 2012

Sensory Bins

I think I must be behind on the sensory bin explosion.  I had not heard of these until my dear friend Pinterest brought these to my attention.  We made our first sensory bin last night.  I started out with a basic bin because I did not really know how it would go over.  We used a plastic shoe box and some various glass stones from the Dollar Tree.  I collected some ocean animals from a play set that K had previously received and voila!  She called it her Ocean Box and loved it.  I would like to make more of these and store them in the closet to be brought out when she is bored or needs a new distraction.  They are inexpensive and give new life to toys that may otherwise end up at the bottom of the toy box, never to be heard from again.


There are so many great ideas out there for seasonal sensory bins, themed bins and sensory bins that are best suited for the outdoors.  I can officially say we are hopping on this bandwagon.


No comments:

Post a Comment