Friday, April 13, 2012

Cheese Slaw

Have you ever had it or even heard of it?  My first experience with cheese slaw was about a year ago and I ate so much of it I almost hurt myself. You may recall this was on the menu for the Hot Pink and Zebra Stripe Party I posted about last June.

It seems like the oddest combination but it is SO delicious.  If I had just read the recipe before actually tasting it, I would have never made it.  I did not put Jalapeno peppers in mine because I usually have little ones eating it.  I just throw in a little more banana peppers.  Serve it with a sturdy cracker or even a bagel chip is good.  The cheese slaw is in the round white bowl on the square platter with the crackers.





So here it goes:

Cheese Slaw

1 pound Swiss cheese - coarsely shredded
1 bunch green onion tops - chopped
1/2 cup chopped mild banana peppers
1/2 cup finely chopped Jalapeno peppers
Mayonnaise
1 head cabbage

Combine the cheese, onions, banana peppers and Jalapeno peppers in a bowl.  Add enough Mayonnaise to bind and mix well.  Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.  Add additional mayo if needed at serving time.

Hollow out the center of the cabbage and fold back the outer leaves.  Spoon cheese mixture into the center.  Serve with assorted crackers.  Serves 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment