Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chore Chart

We decided to start a system of chores and allowance with K.  So far, she has not bought into the whole idea.  She keeps trying to convince us to just let her have the allowance without the chores.  This could be a long process...

By doing this little system though I had the chance to make a chart.  I am a sucker for all things "charty".  I like binders, lists, notebooks, organization - you name it.  I always loved being the one to call roll and put those satisfying little check marks in their respective boxes.  I know, I know, I am one of "those" people.  :)

We used a piece of foam core board that I picked up at the Dollar Tree.  We added a scrapbook paper band across the top and the letters to spell Chore Chart.

Using more scrapbook paper we made pockets for each of K's tasks.  The 7th pocket holds the chore markers that we will use to indicate K has completed a chore.  These are just strips of textured card stock topped with a 3-dimensional sticker that goes with the theme of the board.

I will eventually add a ribbon hanger to it but at this time I really haven't decided where to hang it so it sits on K's dresser.

Now if I could just figure out how to get a three year old to want to clean up.






No comments:

Post a Comment